Monday 13 May 2013

Monday Bake - Lemon Polenta Madeleines

Cake Club.  My favourite time of my working week ;o)  Four friends and I take it in turns to bake something gluten free every week.   I think my last post about Cake Club was when I made Nigella's Olive Oil cake.  I try to do a new recipe each time so I was very pleased when @Silverpebble posted two gluten free recipes on her lovely blog.  For my turn last month I made the Lemon Polenta biscuits in my Madeleine tin.  


The recipe is really simple and very delicious.   Some of mine didn't come out of the tin very easily - hence why my Madeleine is upside down in the picture (!) I only greased the tin so I think next time I will grease and flour the tin.



Last week I made the Chewy Chocolate Biscuits.  This is also a great recipe which everyone enjoyed but can you believe it - I forgot to take a picture.   I will just have to make them again :o) 

Here are a couple of my Cake Club friends bakes:


Blackberry and Almond Cake

Chocolate muffin

Yesterday we went to The Festival of Living Crafts at Hatfield House.  


This was my first time of going and I will definitely go again - so many tents packed full of lovely things: jewellery, pottery, handbags, pictures, sculptures to name a few.  There are also areas where you can have a go at making things like spinning, weaving, pottery and basket weaving.  

There were Morris Dancers in the middle area.   We saw them use sticks and hankerchiefs in their dances.







We picked the best day to go, there was heavy hail showers on Saturday.  As you can see from my photos it began to cloud over and by the time we got home it was raining.

Thanks for visiting.

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three ipod songs:

1. (Reach up for the) Sunrise - Jason Nevins Remix - Duran Duran
2. Come Undone - Duran Duran
3. Planet Earth - Duran Duran


1 comment: