Monday 15 October 2012

Monday Inspiration - Apple Streusel Cake

 

What beautiful autumn weather we have had again this weekend.  I love autumn when it is really cold with bright blue skys - I can wrap up and wear my winter boots.   One other thing I like about autumn is apples.  The house at the end of our road leaves out bags of apples for free and another house leaves huge bags of apples for £1.....but they haven't this year.  Am I too early for them, are people being stingy or are there just not as many apples this year.....I use them in so many recipes from simple apple sauce to puddings and cakes to chutneys - I need my free/cheap apples!  

We have had a small crop of apples from our little patio apple tree so I looked through my cook books for a special new apple recipe to use them in.  I found a recipe in the Hummingbird Bakery Book - Cake Days. 

 
For this recipe you make a sponge, put sliced apples on top and then a crumble mixure on top of that.
 

 
 
We had a slice after tea with custard but it would be fine on its own with a cup of tea/coffee, oooh or with icecream or just cream.   Nice warm or cold!  I'll definitely be making this again - so many possibilities!
 
 
 
Keep cosy, see you next week.
 
Bakebakegirl
 
This weekends top Just Dance 4 songs:
 
1. Rock Lobster - B52's
2. Maneater - Nelly Furtado
3. Crucified - Army of Lovers





No comments:

Post a Comment