Monday 24 September 2012

Monday Bake - Nigella's Molten Chocolate Babycakes

 
Along with Rachel Allen, Nigella is one of my favourite cooks.  When she first appeared on tv I bought How To Be A Domestic Goddess, it quickly become one of my favourite baking books and still is. I have made a lot of the recipes and a lot of them I make a lot! 



As her new programme Nigellissima starts tonight on BBC2 at 8.30pm I thought I would do a recipe from that book that I have never done before....chocolate fondant.  Along with souffles it appears to be the scariest pudding to make.  You can find the recipe here on her website.  This recipe is also partly inspired by watching Celebrity Masterchef the past few weeks (someone always makes a chocolate fondant on there) and HOORAY Emma Kennedy won!

What is great about this recipe is that you can make it in advance and keep in the fridge until you need it - you just add 2 mins to the baking time. 



When I brought them out the oven and then inverted them onto the plate I did hold my breath to lift off the tin....but they were fine!    When I cut into the first one and the middle was runny I did a bit of a whoop!! 


We all enjoyed them - dark chocolate heaven. Minibakebakegirl did a good impression of the Greg Wallace Masterchef spoon action!  It was a perfect end to our Sunday dinner served with a scoop of Vanilla Mackies of course.

Thanks for visiting.

Todays top three Spotify songs:

1. Ode to Billy Joe - Bobby Gentry
2. Coward of The County - Kenny Rogers
3. Clouds Across The Moon - The Rah Band

No comments:

Post a Comment