Monday 6 August 2012

Monday Bake - Carrot Cake

I love carrot cake, love loaf tin recipes and Rachel Allen is one of my favourite cooks so the carrot cake recipe in her Bake book is perfect to me!

You can find the recipe here from the Good Food website. 





When I make the icing I find I need to add more icing sugar to thicken it slightly so it just sits on top of the cake and doesn't run down the sides. 

Do you like my new plate the whole cake is sitting on - I think the colours go perfectly with the carrot cake.  My Sister found it for me - she is keeping a look out for sale plates for my blog too.  I found another two in John Lewis yesterday to vary my pictures - the man serving me kept banging them together while wrapping them up - even Minibakebakgirl whispered to me that he wasn't being very gentle!  Luckily they made it home in one piece.

Hope you are still enjoying the Olympics, Team GB have been amazing - so many medals.  I will need to buy more tissues for this week, the interviews and medal ceremonies get me everytime.

See you next week.
Bakebakegirl

Todays Top Three Spotify Songs

1. Train - Drive By
2. A-ha - The Living Daylights
3. Sparks - Number One Song in Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment