Monday 7 May 2012

Monday Bake - Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies

I tweeted a picture of some rocky road I had made using gluten free digestives for my friend who is coeliac and received my first request from a twitter friend for a recipe on my blog :o)

Sister gave me this recipe and I actually prefer it to brownies made with flour.  Minibakebakegirl always makes this with me, she pretty much does it all - I am only required to supervise and fold in the egg whites these days!

Ingredients:
150g plain chocolate -  good quality approx 70% cocoa
100g margarine
100g ground almonds
175g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs - separated


Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c/Fan 160c/GasMark4.
Grease and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
Place the chocolate and margarine in a large bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally until melted. 


Remove from the heat and add the almonds, sugar and vanilla, mix well.
Beat in the egg yolks - until well combined.


In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. 


Fold the egg whites in to the chocolate mixture. (Mix in one third first to loosen the mixture and then gently fold in the rest - try not to knock out too much air)  Pour into the prepared tin and cook for approximately 40 minutes. 


Cool and cut into squares.


This is also really good served warm with vanilla ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce.

Thanks for visiting, hope you have a lovely bank holiday Monday - happy baking!

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three random Ipod songs:

1. I'm In Love With A German Film Star - The Passions
2. Summer Son - Texas
3. All You Need Is Now - Duran Duran

No comments:

Post a Comment